Welcome to this week's Festival of Frugality. If you're visiting My Open Wallet for the first time, check out the posts linked under "About Me" in the top right corner, and the "Rules" and "Favorite Posts" in the left sidebar for a taste of what this site is about.
Perhaps you're wondering about the enigmatic subtitle of this Festival? I decided to have a little anagram fun! Aren't you glad I didn't title the Festival "Lo! Vague, Iffy Fart List?" Or "Soviet Flag? Furl it, Fay!" Or "Fur Glove Fit a Falsity?" Or "If Fat, Forgive Lay Slut?" Or "Of Gilt, Artsy Effluvia?"
For every entry, here's some portion of the title or author name, but anagrammed, just to keep you guessing. (At the end of this post, I've included the real info on all posts in the order received, for those who don't like surprises.)
Note-- of this week's submissions, I chose not to include one that did not relate to frugality, and one that promoted hacking software to avoid paying for it, which I think crosses the line into theft. Appropriately enough, my favorite post this week was about the ethics of frugality, first in the list below:
The Sly Cowgirl
I'm Hiding, Trader
30 Mourned Yen
Tempt a Desired Hussy
Beggar in a Rhythm Unit
My No-Fee Spoil
"Pill for Fiber, Sir?" Ancient Patron: "Yup."
Barb Married to Goon
Egg to Untie Thong
For Efficacy, File Him
Re. My Inane Offence
Sell My Bald Heel
Come on, Snotty!
Be Ready If Fire
Model Sauna Envy
A Gasp at Ashtray
Renew it, Deb!
Ham in Tins (oops, actually "Lewd? Naw-- clad.")
As Eve Purrs
A Fierce Finn
Herder of Teens
Spy Nun Memoir
Whew, that was a lot of posts to anagram (even though I had some assistance). Let woman yelp: am maxed!
Here are the entries, as they were submitted:
- Midnight Raider presents Free Weight Loss Resources posted at Midnight Raider.
- HC presents One Big Mortar Board: Free Night of Theater 2006! posted at One Big Mortar Board.
- Wenchypoo presents Maintenance Makes Up for Low Price posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo's Mental Wastebasket.
- Getting To Enough presents 25 Ways I Save Money posted at Getting To Enough.
- Cathy presents Making the Most of Your Dryer posted at Chief Family Officer.
- FMF presents Health and Beauty Aids: Walmart versus Costco, Kirkland Brand versus Equate Brand - Which is the Best Deal? posted at Free Money Finance.
- Shelley Elmblad presents Software Options for Household Budgets posted at Shelley Elmblad.
- Scott presents October, Better for your 401K than Christmas posted at ScottOnMoney.
- David presents Personal Finance Isn’t Just for Rich People posted at Money Under 30.
- Amy Allen Clark presents Freebie Friday: Free Samples & Walgreen Rebates Program posted at Mom Advice.
- Penny Nickel presents Have you considered a solar water heater? posted at Money and Values.
- King Of Debt presents Day 148: Big Computers Saved Us $40 Per Month posted at We're In Debt.
- Nina Smith presents Car Winterizing: Inside and Out posted at Queercents.
- Deputyheadmistress presents Frugalities posted at The Common Room.
- Super Saver presents Personal Finance Success Insights posted at My Wealth Builder.
- Jim presents Money Saving Technique: Try Living Without Something posted at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity.
- J.D. presents Money and Values: When Frugality Goes Too Far posted at Get Rich Slowly.
- FIRE Finance presents Ebates fattens our wallets! posted at FIREFinance.
- Sagar Satapathy presents Debt Management Hollywood Style posted at Credit Card Lowdown.
- Free the Drones Blog presents Exchange Homes For Your Next Vacation posted at Free the Drones.
- supermom_in_ny presents Have a Daughter? Here's How You Can Save 40% off at Fashion Bug! posted at Getting Out of Debt.
- Bryan C. Fleming presents Piles of Money! posted at Bryan C. Fleming .com.
- Steve Faber presents More Behaviors That Cost Us Money posted at Debt Free.
- Adam Graham presents How to Eat Out Less posted at Bargain Value.
Next week's Festival of Frugality will be hosted by Free Money Finance. As always, you can read the guidelines at the festival homepage and submit entries at BlogCarnival. Thanks everyone!