Here's how much money I made in 2007:
|Investment Income (div, cg, etc)||$19,001|
- As I'd previously mentioned, it was very nice to finally hit a six-figure income this year. My total income including investment dividends, etc. was over six figures last year, but that is not the same as seeing a number over $100,000 on your final paystub! I wish my salary alone was over $100k, but that will take another couple of years, I think, and in the meantime, I'm happy to have a bonus that makes up the gap, assuming it's big enough to do so again next year!
- All the investment income-- dividends and capital gains-- ends up being reinvested in either my 401k or my E*Trade investment account, so I don't think of it as spendable income.
- Other Income is mostly my employer's matching contributions to my 401k.
- A tax refund doesn't really feel like "income" to me, but that is how Quicken categorizes it.
- $1,000 of the Gift Received line is a check given to me by my mother, which I see more as money that I am holding in trust for her, in case she gets into debt again. (backstory here)
- I am not including the (very modest) ad revenue this site generates, as I have been donating it to various charities.