The latest issue of Women's Health has an article called The Hottest Jobs Right Now, listing 5 jobs that they say "could lead to a richer, more rewarding future." Here's their list, along with their estimates of pay ranges according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data:
- Eco Interior Designer: "helping home remodelers go green." Pay: $50,000-$82,000
- Social-Media Marketer: helping companies harness the marketing power of sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Pay: $113,000-$144,000
- Financial Advisor: considered one of the 10 fastest-growing careers. Pay: $82,000-$137,000
- Natural-Foods Chef: helping busy people eat healthily or tailor their diet to allergies, weight loss, etc. Pay: $41,000-$65,000
- Wellness Manager: Working with corporations who want to reduce their long-term costs by focusing on preventive care for employees. Pay: $95,000-$125,000
A sidebar article also lists these "low-stress" jobs for people who are looking for quality of life rather than a big paycheck:
- Museum Curator
- Credit Analyst
- Nursery and Greenhouse Manager
- Set Designer
- Soil and Water Conservationist
I'm not sure I can take all the salary estimates too seriously, and obviously most of these aren't jobs you can just waltz right into without some experience and training. Though I bet a lot of people will read this and say WHOOHOO, I could be a social media marketer!
Are there any readers out there who do any of these jobs? What do you think?